FareStart's Mission, Vision, and Values
The FareStart MISSION
FareStart provides a community that transforms lives by empowering homeless and disadvantaged men, women, and families to achieve self-sufficiency through life skills, job training and employment in the food service industry.
We rebuild lives, reconnect families, and strengthen our diverse community.
- We experience the power of contributing, the gift of giving, and the joy of helping through preparing and serving meals to our community.
- We build a self-sustaining organization through businesses that provide hands-on experience for students, financial support for our program, and a place for our community to grow.
- We nourish our community by collaborating with our partners to put an end to homelessness, one human being at a time.
- We empower each individual to achieve his or her highest potential by restoring hope, giving respect, nurturing self-confidence, granting trust, and creating opportunity.
The following values help us measure the appropriateness of our decisions.
- ACCEPTANCE. Build relationships based on the belief that the past informs but does not dictate the future.
- RESPECT. Hold unconditional positive regard for each other, treating all with respect and dignity.
- OPENNESS. Provide an environment of open communication, honesty, acceptance and personal responsibility.
- COLLABORATION. Contribute positively to strengthen the organization and the community through collaboration and innovation.
- SUSTAINABILITY. Recognize that sound financial management and accountability are essential to the long-term health and sustainability of FareStart.